Monday, September 10, 2012



Oh my goodness! It's been forever since I've done a 'My Better Half' feature. I'm so behind! I suppose that's what travel does to you. :) This week I've planned to do another marathon of My Better Half posts and there are so many really wonderful couples lined up. I can't wait to share their stories with you!

First up is Natalie of natthefatrat.com and her better half Brandon. I met Natalie briefly this past winter and have since had the pleasure of getting to know her more through her blog and instagram feed (@natthefatrat). She and her family live in New York City, and she makes being a new mom in the city look like a breeze (all while looking exceptionally stylish). To see more, click here!

Thank you Natalie and Brandon for being a part of My Better Half!




NATALIE
1. Has a thing for redheads.
2. Used to design product packaging for a power company.
3. Sang jazz a cappella in a Portland club on summer in college.

BRANDON
1. Positively hates having his picture taken.
2. Prefers the out of doors and wore his grandma's Birkenstocks all through college.
3. Has a velcro Eddie Vedder wallet he'll never throw away.

THEIR STORY (as told by Natalie)
On our first date we ate tamales and stayed up till 5AM talking. On our second date, three months later, Brandon impulsively pulled the car over in an empty parking lot to stammer his way through telling me he loved me for the first time. In between, we fell in love over email while living a time zone apart. He asked me on our first date where I'd live if I could pick any city in the world. I immediately said "New York!" He nodded his head and said, "Okay then." We currently live in NYC with our own little redhead named Huck, who is the perfect combination of Brandon's cool-headedness and my ability to get into mischief.

Thank you Natalie and Brandon for being a part of My Better Half!

15 comments:

  1. LOVE your better half series - this couple is too cute! LOVE their story!
    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Love reading her blog. These two seem like a lovely balance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so honored to see our old mugs on your blog! lots of love to you two! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU! You two are as cute as can be. I'm so glad you were up for the post. Thank you again. :)

      Delete
  4. Natalie WHEREEEEE did you get those boots?? I want them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love these posts! so giddy to see them back :) whenever i read them, i re-tell our own little love story to myself and it makes me smile . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to the states! can't wait to see more of this column. x sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute cute cute! love natthefatrat! (and welcome back, Amanda! can't wait to see the rest of the better half posts you have lined up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad you are back :)
    and i love the better half series...i surely missed them these past few months.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray! You're back at laaaaaast. Oh, these two. There's no way around it, you HAVE to love them.

    thestyleofbeing.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete