Friday, July 20, 2012



Jennifer is the lovely lady behind the blog I Art U, a really wonderful website full of beautiful inspiration and photographs. Jennifer is also a talented lifestyle photographer. She and her husband Joshua live in San Luis Obispo—"a small and charming town on the coast." You can get glimpses of this lovely place and their life together via Jennifer's instagram (@iartu_jennifer).

Thanks Joshua and Jennifer for being a part of My Better Half!


JOSHUA
1. Master storyteller...he'll have you on your toes!
2. Works as a commercial salmon fisherman in Alaska during the summer.
3. Loves the city, craves the earth.

JENNIFER
1. Has her Master's in Clarinet Performance.
2. Can sleep in until noon.
3. Loves the earth, craves the city.


THEIR STORY (as told by Joshua)
We met January 1, 2005. It was a brief conversation—maybe two or three minutes, but when it was finished, I transferred to the university Jenn attended 1100 miles away. Fortunately, she couldn't resist a man who knows what he wants. We were married January 1, 2009.

Thanks Joshua and Jennifer for being a part of My Better Half!

17 comments:

  1. I really just love your stories, I have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Alaska part! It's where I'm from and I know you have to be tough to commercial fish there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! I love this! Jennifer is a total inspiration to me and I just love her blog and photography. My favourite 'my better half' so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet snippet of a story! & i love how jen's smile takes over her whole face. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I love her! :D So glad they were featured!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they're quite a lovely couple and it's a real treat to see them here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray San Luis Obispo! I live there!

    Kate, the happy S-LOcal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay! i love jennifer! it's so fun to read little details about couples... and this is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray, Jennifer & Josh are the best! I knew they had to end up on My Better Half sooner or later, they're such a wonderful pair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute story! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! So clever. And I love how the craving and loving shows their differences, but also their compatibility. :) They are so dang PRESH!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is Joshua's the better half of the story? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Jenn and I love this column! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man I so want one of these! Any chances you're stopping by Barcelona any time soon? Your blog is amazing and that's why I've nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! <3 http://www.terriblynice.es/natural-fruit-leather-the-healthiest-snack/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!!! Love how you went with the leopard pumps!cheap prom dresses

    ReplyDelete