Friday, May 18, 2012

My Better Half - Janis+Mike-01

Mike is an electrician by day, and moonlights as a wedding photographer. Janis is in university to become a teacher, and will graduate this spring (Or did it already happen?). They like to eat crepes for breakfast, have dance parties in the kitchen, and invite friends over for dinner.

Janis and Mike are newlyweds! You can see their gorgeous wedding photos here and learn more about them both on their blog, My Suitcase Heart.

Thank you Janis and Mike for being a part of My Better Half!


My Better Half - Janis+Mike-03My Better Half - Janis+Mike-02

MIKE
1. Loves old Volkswagens
2. Deathly afraid of heights
3. Can hold his own on a dance floor

JANIS
1. Is in the process of growing out her pixie cut of three years.
2. Is incredibly klutzy.
3. Has a scar above her lip from when she playfully snuck up behind her older brother while he was playing baseball with an aluminum baseball bat. You can imagine what happened.

THEIR STORY
We grew up 1.6 km away from each other (that's about a mile, for you American folk!), went to the same school together for three years, and had more mutual friends than we could count. It seems natural to assume that we were childhood sweethearts, but somehow we didn't get together until we were in our mid twenties. But once we started dating, we didn't waste a lot of time. We were married in a year and half!

Thank you Janis and Mike for being a part of My Better Half!

35 comments:

  1. Oh I absolutely love her blog… and your "my better half" serie !

    ReplyDelete
  2. mike and janis, you are my favorite ever. and janis, your hair (and outfit) is perfection. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these two. and janis' your outfit is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very neat to see a (great) Winnipeg couple on your blog!

    I also did something similar as Janis to my older brother; he accidentally knocked out my two front teeth with his head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet! I'm a avid reader of her blog; their such a wonderful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i just love them! they are just too cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. i remember finding their blog a few months back, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet pair–and such gorgeous wedding photos! I spent a good 10 minutes drooling all over my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the feature, Amanda! And in case anyone is actually interested in my academic endeavors (doubtful?), I finished classes a few weeks ago, but don't officially graduate until June 8th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're such an adorable couple. Janis is such a sweetheart!
    Love these shots of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely and their blog is great, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw I was waiting for this, I knew it would come eventually :)
    these two are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful couple! I'm such a fan of their blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw! this makes me so happy!! is there such a thing as a best blog friend? because Janis is definitely my bbf! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these two! These graphics are especially great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, I love them already. so terribly sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These two are adorable. And I love the charming photos on their blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is perfect. I love the way it is organized with the fun facts! You guys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So funny, my husband and I also grew up right near each other... finally met in high school. =) Love that kind of romance.

    Kacie
    http://acollectionofpassions.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I ADORE these two. The absolute sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have an amazing blog! I love this projects, all these couples are so adorable.

    http://www.tamarasblend.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. you two are super cute! janis i love your pixie. i am super tempted to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. so sweet! these two are great.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a great great blog Amanda! Love it very very much. By the way I'm following Janis's blog and I know that they're such a cute cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This sounds exactly like my story with the husband!! Except, we were married 11 months later :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is the most adorable post ever. I just found your blog and I'm totally smitten with it! Keep doing what you're doing, your blog is an inspiration!!

    xoxo,
    Erin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE this series! You're so crazy talented!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just required some information and was searching on Google for it. I visited each page that came on first page and didn’t got any relevant result then I thought to check out the second one and got your blog. This is what I wanted!
    wedding dresses

    ReplyDelete