Friday, May 11, 2012

My Better Half - Rachel + Rico

I first became acquainted with Rachel Castillero through her beautiful photography...and then we made the connection that she actually grew up with Cree in Burley, Idaho! Small world huh? Rachel and her husband Rico seem like a pretty great team—don't you just love this wall they found?! Here's to hoping we meet in person someday!

Thank you Rachel + Rico for being a part of My Better Half!

My Better Half - Rachel + Rico-02My Better Half - Rachel + Rico-03


RACHEL
1. Believes in ghosts
2. A wiz at vegan cooking
3. Has never had a cavity

RICO
1. Can build anything
2. Loves to make up songs about Nina the cat
3. Eames Obsessed

THEIR BIO
We are picture taking, furniture building, tree hugging, cat loving, margarita making, story tellers from San Diego. We live in the neighborhood of South Park with our cat Nina in our 100 year old "fixer upper" craftsman that we are completely in love with. We started our photography biz 4 years ago and feel incredibly fortunate that our job means time spent hanging out with rad couples, telling their stories, making art, and becoming their bffs. Rico is a designer who loves architecture and spends many an hour reading Dwell Magazine and dreaming up remodels. Rachel is an artist who loves vegan cooking and has quite the collection of recipes involving siracha. Pretty much, we LOVE our community and we love what we do.

Thank you Rachel + Rico for being a part of My Better Half!

Photos by Rachel and Rico Castillero

16 comments:

  1. I flipping love these two...and Rico CAN really build anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these two human beings! So glad you featured them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the circle is excellent. delightful people, amanda jane, you're clearly a magnet for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang- they're so cute! love their photography! I just moved to San Diego... so I'm hoping I'll bump into them at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, these photos are the coolest. love that wall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These two are cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your section "my better half", it reminds me to Amelie, the film begins like that, "she likes..."

    I like it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is one of my favourites so far - they're such fun photos. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a darling couple! xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel...is this you...Kevin West
    kwest5280@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them. They both seem so very talented. Amazing photography...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful pair–they seem so earnestly and gleefully happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blogs is really very nice, its really very colourful,keep updating.
    wedding dresses

    ReplyDelete