Friday, March 2, 2012

My Better Half - Andrew and Carissa-01

It's hard to believe we've only known Andrew and Carissa less than a year. It feels like we've known them a lifetime. We first met by accident while eating at Good Stuff in downtown DC. We got along so well, we hung out at least twice a week until we moved back home three months later. They are dear friends and we miss them everyday.

We just got back from our fun New York weekend where we had the opportunity to spend some quality time with them and their adorable daughter Rinah. I'm tickled to share a bit about them with you today. Thanks Andrew and Carissa for being a part of My Better Half!


My Better Half - Andrew and Carissa-02My Better Half - Andrew and Carissa-03

ABOUT
We are a filmmaker and photographer who live in Arlington, VA with our little treasure of a daughter, Rinah. We've been married for three years, own a little production company, and collaborate on everything we do. We love sitting in candlelight listening to records, and exploring parts of the earth we haven't seen. Also we want Amanda and Cree to move wherever we live, all the time, for the rest of our lives.

CARISSA
1) Is an absolute legend in the kitchen.
2) If she didn't have me, she'd probably be living off in the woods somewhere.
3) Has a thing for old guys: Bob Dylan, CS Lewis, GK Chesterton, Frank Sinatra, her grandpa, etc etc etc.

ANDREW
1) Can play pretty much any instrument he gets his hands on.
2) Loves to collect coffee-making contraptions.
3) Owned his own company at age 11.

Thanks Andrew and Carissa for being a part of My Better Half

21 comments:

  1. Aww, I love Andrew and Carisa's blog! So fun to see them featured here :) I'm also LOVING this new "My Better Half" series. It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! What a sweet little feature. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great feature! Carissa & Andrew, it was so great to meet you two at the Kinfolk after party last weekend. Hope you had safe travels back to Virgina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This couple is so inspiring. Great feature, Amanda! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. two very neat people. i imagine they would be great friends to have also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful couple to feature on your blog! Hopefully we can all just live in the same place one day : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Kinfolk dinner looks like so much fun. I have been seeing it float around the blogosphere lately and am a bit jealous of everyone who go to go! :) And another great "My Other Half", love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've recently just found your blog via jane reaction and love it. This feature is just so lovely. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love them and their work so much. they're (one of) the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha ha ha oh wow Andrew owned his own company at the age of 11? ok i think your Better Half interviews will need to have an extended stories. ha ha ha i want to know more! Andrew & Carissa are so awesome. I love their work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love their uniqueness. Great work with this feature.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a talented duo! I can see why they would make such fantastic friends. Off to explore their blog more now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such character. i love how you tell these stories with such economy & style x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is such a great series! I just stumbled upon it. And I'm so happy to know someone else has a thing for old guys.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful duo they make. I love this feature! It brings such joy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple, pure and direct. It's everything our eyes need!
    Thank you
    www.moustachesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh so cute! the curious is that i found out about their work yesterday through kinfolk i think! and fell in love with their work and they seem to be so talented and creative, down to earth people, but also such dreamers! i love this feature of yours! have a great sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love them. So sweet. But I wish I knew their story of how they met! I've been following them for quite some time and have never heard it.. :( oh well, lovely folks!

    ReplyDelete