Tuesday, May 24, 2011

IMG_4115Jones in Old TownIMG_4126IMG_4117Jones in Old Town 2IMG_4135IMG_4137

Yesterday was another wonderful day at The Hive...it is such a fun environment. I can already tell that I'm going to love it here, and I anticipate it will be hard to leave come August. Suann is just about everything you'd imagine...a real gem. I love hearing her stories about her cute little boy. Also in the office is Lauren O'Neill. She is Suann's right hand woman and I'm excited we get to work together on Wednesdays...she's a doll. My first day, we wore matching polka dots. Always a good sign! Also at The Hive is Kate Headley. She grew up in Ann Arbor! Small world huh? Her photography is incredible and she's big into 8mm film, which I love. :) Next are the Ritzy Bee ladies. I've only met Kelly, who is as nice as could be, but I'm sure I'll meet Maria soon.

Anyway, Last night, I was telling Cree how much I love going to work here. It's nice to get up and be excited about the work you're going to do for the day and the people you work with. It's fun to also talk letterpress all the live long day...paper, ink, plates...it never gets old for me.

These photos are from King Street, where The Hive is located. (Cute huh?!?) The last two ore of Suann's press and paper. Nothing better than the smell of Crane paper and ink. Smells like home!

19 comments:

  1. sigh, old town. have you made it to the waterfront yet? it's so nice and breezy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not yet...I need to! Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hive seems like such a wonderful creative haven! I just checked out the site. I love the craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There really is nothing better than waking up excited to go to work! Your pictures and description of this place are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun! i also looked at their website and somehow i didn't even know places like that existed??? it looks absolutely wonderful though and your photos are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos! The Hive seems like a perfect fit for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Old Town! Coconut ice cream from one of the shops (it's on the right of King Street as you walk down to the waterfront) is one of my happy places. Date nights exploring King Street were some of my favorite! Make sure to see the guy playing the waterglasses--it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Suann. She would be the best boss ever. I just told her that I'm jealous of you. Isn't it awesome to love your job?

    Also, love the seafoam painted brick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for you to be at The Hive! Do keep us updated on your adventures there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. our studio is in old town! we are away right now-- but when we're back home, lets definitely get together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fun place to work, and with such talented people (you definitely belong)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for matching polka dots and a lovely Hive addition! A picnic on the waterfront is definitely in order, if nothing more than to watch the boats go by : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. that sounds like an amazing day, i'mjealous! and yes, the neighborhood is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. you seem to have the prettiest little life. I love it.

    can't wait to see what else goes on with this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carissa! How perfect that you work in Old Town. We'll be neighbors for half the week. I can't wait to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy for you. I think you will have a splendid summer with perfect company.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, I believe it will be a great experience share the reading of this book, I want to be part of it!

    www.yoncatoptan.com

    ReplyDelete