Tuesday, May 17, 2011

IMG_4043IMG_4049

I was so worried when we moved that I would hate living in a basement apartment, but Hannah reassured me that "English" basements are much better than regular basements. It isn't massive amounts of natural light, but it's enough to make me feel like I'm not living in a cave. The weather has been pretty rainy, hence the rain splotches on the window, but every once in a while we'll get a little shot of sun. The morning light has been my favorite thus far.

It's always tricky when relocating for the summer to make our new place feel "homish" without our things about us. That said, my mama taught me well. Growing up, even when we'd go on vacation, she'd bring nice table cloths, books, great music and always a bowl for fruit. That way, even though our apartment is a bit sparse, we have hints of our real home that make our new place a bit more comfortable and cozy.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Treasury Update: Poor Cree didn't get home until almost 8:00 last night. (I certainly never had to put in eleven hours at any of my design internships!) He is the first intern to start, so he has a lot on his shoulders at the moment, but he's a sharp fella so I'm confident he'll get the hang of things soon. I started to have a pity party come 6:00, while I was sitting at home all by myself. I've started today with a new attitude though, and I'm going to have a productive morning and then explore all by my lonesome...something I haven't done in a while, so I'm kind of excited....weather permitting of course. I'm in the market for a new umbrella. Preferably one with a wooden handle.

14 comments:

  1. positive attitudes ALWAYS help things. good job. and pretty pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun shines on the inside :O) I lived in a london basement apartment as well - and it's nice and cozy - good you brought a few homey touches ;O)
    A xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear his first day went well (but so long!) Happy exploring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the exploring and then you can show Cree all your cool findings :)
    PS: Love that about bringing a fruit bowl and table cloth on vacation to add touches of home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your mom brought those things on your vacations--what a great idea! And I am definitely guilty of having pity parties more often than I should, but a good night's sleep always seems to cure mine. :) Good luck finding that umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A bowl of fruit! What a grand idea to make a home feel more homey.

    Happy exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mama is wise. That feeling of home is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  8. adjusting to new places can be difficult, agreed. but it sounds like you and Cree will make it a home in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is so cute! I love all your photos! Hope you're adjusting well to your new home!

    -Amanda (www.amandakeenan.com/blog)

    ReplyDelete
  10. An English basement apartment sounds great! Have fun exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the light in these photos is lovely. and i would have such a hard time leaving all my things for the summer. but now that i'm in the midst of packing and trying to move to a new place, i'm realizing that i have WAY TOO MUCH stuff. it's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have such a pretty pretty blog, i'm glad you visited mine so that i could find yours. it sounds like you're on a good adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the light and shadow play on the first photo is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks so much for saying hi on my site! i love the light in your first photo here and am intrigued about where you are living, will have to learn more and keep reading!

    ReplyDelete