Thursday, May 19, 2011

IMG_4071IMG_4069IMG_4064

Exploring by myself is fun! I just go wherever I please....I get lost easier, but I'm directionally challenged, so it's only to be expected. Books and a market, fun finds right?  I ate lunch with a couple ladies from church yesterday at the Eastern Market. Hannah came again and Naomi came too with her adorable little girl.  I still have yet to decided where to explore today.

I'm freelancing from DC which means, I'm working from home except the days I go to Simple Song (starting Friday). I've found that i'm most productive in the mornings, but come 2:00 my brain is fried. If there are any freelancers out there with any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Also, I'd love any DC dinner suggestions. Cree and I are trying to plan our date night for tomorrow....we don't even know where to start!

***I removed the meat photo for Angela--don't want to gross out any vegetarian readers. :)

14 comments:

  1. you got to hang out with miss rockstar? and her baby? aw, so fun.

    I like all your little pictures, too. books are so photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seventh hill! it's on 7th street just south of eastern market. my favorite pizza in the area, i'd wager.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so thrilled for you, conquering your new city and making sweet friends in the process! i admire that so very much.

    fingers crossed for your new work on friday!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun finds!

    I have the opposite problem, my brain doesn't really kick in until the afternoon and then I just want to work through the night. Makes it really hard for Matt and I to go do anything fun in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. eep-I didn't realize I was signed in as Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i <3 Eastern Market.. and that bookstore was my fav when i lived there. hope you guys have a lovely district summer! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that bookstore looks awesome and i am definitely a morning person when it comes to productiveness. i swear afternoons last twice as long as the morning does!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're convincing me I need to move to DC. Know of any federal tax positions out there?

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! i've been a silent reader of yours for some time! exploring new cities is so fun... but I totally hear you on getting lost easily. I'm really good at that...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Amanda - thank you for stopping by my blog. I take your comments as a huge complement seeing how sharp your own spot is. And all these lovely photos of old books = a girl after my own heart.

    Happy to have found you & looking froward to keeping up with all you find inspiring here.
    xx
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. excited to hear about your time w/ simple song!

    that photo of meat is making me a little sick, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ha! I'm so sorry the meat photo grosses you out! so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know Eastern Market is famous for the blue bucks, but go for the French toast with real maple syrup and pecans. Mmmm!

    And Tortilla Coast on the Hill (Cap South metro stop) is my favorite when the windows are all open and the weather is just right!

    And the POV Roof Terrace at the top of W Hotel can't be beat for the view. (I have to admit that I haven't been there since it was Hotel Washington, but the view remains one of my favorites!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute outfit!! it's something i would totally wear :)

    ReplyDelete