Wednesday, May 18, 2011

IMG_4083IMG_4074-2IMG_4077-2

After yesterday's post, Hannah sent me a sweet email saying that her husband had to work late too, so she invited me on a walk. We decided to venture to Lincoln Park. I've never seen so many dogs in one place! Little dogs, big dogs, gray dogs, brown dogs...you name it, I probably saw it. It's so nice to move somewhere and already have a friend. This is Hannah in front of her Capitol Hill apartment. Don't you love her cute read door and the fantastic door knocker? I also like how she sorta matches her house. As you know, I'm all about matching. (Speaking of matching, Hannah, I love your skirt...did you make it? I forgot to compliment on it's polka dot pockets.)

Before my walk with Hannah, I took a little stroll to the Eastern Market. Cree and I have plans to have breakfast there on Saturday. It's so cute, I can hardly stand it. Photos to come soon!

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Internship Update: Cree's awesome and came home a whole hour earlier last night! Apparently he's a quick learner, so my pity party was for nothing. Also, I got an email from Suann and I begin my apprenticeship on Friday! I'm excited to begin exploring Old Town.

15 comments:

  1. ooooh I am so excited to read about your DC adventures. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, this is so cute I can hardly stand it.

    the red, the little details, the outfit.

    adorable.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amanda, if you moved to Winnipeg, I would love to go for walks with you. I think we would get along so nicely :)

    But I'm glad you have a friend already in DC. And I can't wait to hear about how your apprenticeship goes. How exciting!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. these photos of her are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your settling in nicely! And, yes, she totally suits her house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strolling is the best way to meet up for a conversation. I like the red door too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to one of Suann's workshops and one of the things I noticed as well was how many dogs there were, along with so many dog friendly places! Nearly every restaurant I passed in Old Town had a little water dish for puppies that happened to be walking by!

    It's a great area!

    ReplyDelete
  8. red doors are really the best.

    and yes, she totally matches the apartment! i love her outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how you found my blog but I'm happy you did because now I love yours! Looks like you're in the middle of an exciting transition, congrats on new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i did make the skirt myself! and it is the easiest pattern ever. we should have a sewing night soon, because i'm hankering to make another one, or two or three...

    ReplyDelete
  11. also, i'm pretty sure i used the word "hankering" wrong. "i have a hankering to make another one," i think...

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous pictures... and love the matching thing going on here!
    xoxo
    lila

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janis! What a sweet thing to say. If we're ever in the same city, let's go on a walk. Also, Hannah, I'd love to have a sewing night! I'll have to find some fabric first....

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty patterns & red = gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh hannah, she's pretty cute and matchy! capitol hill the perfect place for walks.... and lincoln park is the perfect place for dogs! we love it over there.

    ps. if you girls do a sewing night, i might have to invite myself. i wanna make some curtains for the new place.

    :)

    ReplyDelete