Monday, April 18, 2011

IMG_3583IMG_3621IMG_3622IMG_3624IMG_3627IMG_3633IMG_3634IMG_3637IMG_3639IMG_3640IMG_3642IMG_3605IMG_3610IMG_3613IMG_3599IMG_3601IMG_3593IMG_3595IMG_3596

Whew, the weekend is a blur. The craft fair was a success. Like usual, I'm always amazed at the talent we've got in our little neck of the woods. These refurbished book journals were a hit at the fair. They were the only new addition to my "shop." I had more available, but these were just some of my favorites. I love hearing who the buyer bought the journals for. The Youth, Love, and Marriage journal was bought for a young gal who is about to get married in Germany. Timothy's People was a gift for a husband named Timothy...imagine that. :) True and Faithful was bought for a father's day gift, and The Challenge was bought for personal use....the title seemed quite appropriate for a journal. I often find keeping a steady journal most challenging. :)

The Michigan print was also another success. I had a couple people approach me to do wholesale. Have any of you crafters out there ever ventured into that realm of business? I certainly have not. Any tips, pros, or cons would be most welcome.

PS. It snowed this morning. Spring seems to be flirting with me. I wish it would just commit already.

PPS. Jaime received my profile card in the mail. Pen pals are so much fun. Also those of you who recognize that profile card? Yes, we did use them as our wedding thank yous and yes, I did print way too many, and yes, I imagine we'll be using them as notecards until we're fifty. Let's hope our profiles stay remotely the same as we age. (If anyone else wants a pen pal, Jaime's your gal!)

16 comments:

  1. That's such a neat idea to make them journals! It must be so much fun to hunt around for neat covers.

    Glad the craft sale was a success!

    Happy monday, my dear!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. those journals are absolutely swell. love the end pages for all of them!

    also saw your profile card - very sweet, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so in love with those trees on True and Faithful!

    It snowed here yesterday too. Weird day. We had snow, rain, sun and plenty of wind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those journals are gorgeous. I can't get over how freakin' talented you are.

    p.s. your glasses are adorable. I tried a pair like that on one time and I looked like the kid from "A Christmas Story"..so yeah not good. Miss your face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these are stunning! absolutely stunning. I love the castles...did you do the interior designs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the journals! Rex A. Skidmore is my Grandmother's brother, I had know idea he wrote a book

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such gorgeous journals. And too cute about using your profile cards until your fifty ;) PS: Snow??

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have been wanting to learn how to bind books just so that i can make myself a wedding album (is it dumb to make one almost 3 years later?)... your books are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooo, i love love love! good work.
    and is it bad that i'm happy that it snowed for you too?! we got snow this last weekend and i thought we were alone.... i hope we get our sweltering summers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are so beautiful. of course i think so, based on my serious love for old book covers. i'm really in love with the black zig-zaggy rectangle print... is that paper you got somewhere or did you make it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I second Angela's question, did you make the geometric paper? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. really like the refurbished book journals, so much character! and spring is hitting slow here too.. come on already..

    ReplyDelete
  13. The paper is from Hollander's, a local book binding store here in Ann Arbor. They have the prettiest papers. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these books are a real treasure! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are real beauties! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete