Thursday, March 31, 2011

IMG_2800IMG_28045575836232_b00183aa0a_b BWIMG_2779IMG_2808

Yesterday was so much fun! I was glad Cree and I were able to attend the book launch. The food was amazing...so I highly recommend buying the cookbook. I think my favorite part was seeing the huge stack of books with my cover all over it. I was pretty tickled. It also made me laugh because I'd never really met the women who wrote the book. They had the designers, publishers, stylists and photographers come up to the front to say thank you...and when it was my turn, they didn't know my last name! It was so funny. I was introduced as simply Amanda. Watch out Brittany! Watch out Madonna for that matter!

Also, my mom got me hooked on this show. The host is so cute and her style is impeccable. I also love how she melds husband + wife styles! I wish she could re-design our home....

14 comments:

  1. great shot of the books. it must've been a really cool night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the book design!

    It makes me hungry because I use to babysit for my Chaldean neighbors and they had the best food. I know because I use to raid their fridge. They may have even been at that event.

    Thanks for sharing all the interesting experiences you have

    ReplyDelete
  3. famous! oh, and i work doing graphic design at stampin' up, a craft/scrapbook/rubber stamp company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that must have been so so exciting! congratulations, my dear. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say, it makes me upset to hear that they didn't know your name. That's a great cover, wonderful photo. That's what sells the cookbook girl! Nevertheless, congratulations on this, I hope you get many more!!

    xxxx
    www.brittanyhavican.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool cool! I have an obsession with cookbooks so this would be right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Is that your husband in the second photo?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply Amanda, love it! :) Such talent, congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mom and her shows. Did you know I became completely taken with cranford after you posted about it? And I just spent the last hour watching that show on hgtv.com. Keep 'em coming.

    And what a happy ending with your cookbook! So glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a good laugh over what you said, so cute. The book looks lovely Amanda =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations! the book design looks amazing and how fun to see a huge stack of them all in print like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, Elizabeth, he is my husband....such a doll. :)
    As for the TV shows..I'll keep em coming Rosie! We don't have cable, so I love it that we can watch them online!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats amanda! the book looks amazing! and it's so pretty too! :)

    ReplyDelete