Friday, March 25, 2011

IMG_2703

Yesterday morning, my boss said, "Don't take this the wrong way, but you look really bad. If you feel as bad as you look, maybe you should go home." I've been sick all week...achey throat, runny nose, achey joints, chills...the whole deal. To be honest, we've been so busy, I kind of just kept pretending that I wasn't sick. How embarrassing...nobody wants to be the germy girl at work. Apparently I wasn't hiding it very well. I felt sheepish, so on my way home I bought myself some tulips wrapped in brown paper, put them in a pretty vase next to my bed and then slept for the remainder of the day.

I put make-up on today to hopefully mask my sleepy sick eyes. I hope I'm not the only one who gets the "you look really tired" on days you choose not to wear mascara....

On a happier note, thank you all for your kind comments about our summer! We are pretty excited...we're going to be there before you know it!

PS. It's the weekend.
PPS. My Warby Parker home-try on glasses came yesterday! When they say it takes 2 weeks, they weren't kidding. It was two weeks to the day.

9 comments:

  1. you're definitely not the only one that gets those comments. Remember when you told me that? Whoops! had forgotten mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had that said to me before too, poor thing, get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, not the only one. i've heard it many times. hope you're feeling better soon!

    let's see the warby parkers :) i'm in need of a new pair now because one of mine is lost and the other just got stepped on. i have problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. feel better, my lady!

    love the pretty tulips & brown paper.

    and post photos of your new glasses (once you're feeling better, of course!)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that you bought yourself some tulips on your way home. i do that too. it seems silly but flowers really do make you feel better! i hope you feel better though, get lots of rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you guys are sick and glad you got a much needed break!!! Feel better soon and tell Cree to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that you're feeling better soon Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, which glasses did you get? I think the consensus is we want to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on what will be an amazing summer! Hope you're feeling better and had a good weekend Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete