Wednesday, March 30, 2011
















































































































Tonight is the "launch" party for a book I designed at work. The book is called Ma Baseema and has amazing recipes for Chaldean food. Lots of hummus, kibbee and flat bread. The book finished printing last week, so I finally got my hands on a copy. Cree and I haven't had time to try any of the recipes...let alone take some photos of the book, but tonight 100 of the cookbook's chefs will be there! We'll get to sample all the yummy food! Yay! I think it will be fun. We've been working on the book since last March, so it feels amazing to have it all finished.

PS. The photography in this book was fabulous. It's very rare where you get a book project with 100% fantastic photos and this was one of them. They used Laura Goble for food styling, Craig Brown and David Hagen at Kalman & Pabst Photography (based in Cleveland, Ohio), and us (of course) for the design. Their lighting is beautiful and the colors were especially vibrant. I wish they could photograph every book we do!

Stay tuned for more photos of the book!

8 comments:

  1. impressive, amanda! good work! ps. i like the glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an accomplishment! it's so exciting to be apart of something that was so carefully crafted. congrats! and lucky you for getting to taste test everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Amanda! Congratulations! I can't wait to see more. Enjoy the tastings, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just stumbled on your blog today and I am really enjoying it. the book looks great, love the colours you chose, particularly that lovely blue-green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By providing young people with these relevant capabilities of education in addition to their knowledge,they can provide best help for new generation. I have find this essayshop.org as one of the professional site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good recipe. It's have appropriate nutritional facts.
    College essay writing service

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the recipe is so tasty and healthy. For my hotel management course assignment works I get a good recipe works from one cheap essay writing service. I tried to work out those recipes in my kitchen. I succeed in that. I feel the same here also.

    ReplyDelete