Thursday, March 3, 2011

IMG_2512

Today Cree and I leave for Chicago....Yipee! It's all we can think about. We have our hotel reservations made, dinner reservations and then the rest will hopefully just fall into place. We have no real plans other than that....which I think will make for a relaxing and slightly spontaneous weekend.

After talking to a friend the other day who has completely switched over to film, we've decided Chicago is a great opportunity to use some film ourselves. We brought out the old cameras and we're ready to go. We even ordered some 8mm movie film, but it didn't make it in time. Maybe on our next mini vacation.

Have a lovely weekend! Bon Voyage!

PS. I just bought this font and I'm kind of in love.
PPS. Don't judge, but I want to see this movie bad.

15 comments:

  1. i hope you have a lovely time in chicago! i was there briefly when i was there in high school. i'm continually hearing amazing things about, so clearly i must go back!

    can't wait to see your photos!

    if we lived in the same town, i would go see the movie with you in a heartbeat! i'm having a hard time finding anyone who wants to go with me, haha. i might have to rent it all alone once it comes out on dvd...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, i've just stumbled upon your blog and i think it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. alexis is pregnant!? i haven't seen her since BYU but she is a gorgeous pregnant woman.

    and i also really want to see NSN. that trailer gets me every time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to go to Chicago.
    It's a rather artsy city, no?

    Have a great time!

    I second the "you have a lovely blog" thing

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes she is! pregnant and beautiful! i'll need to take sassy pregnant lessons from her when it's my time. :)

    as for that trailer...it gets me too...especially when he drums on the chair...he's so little!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bon voyage Amanda! Have fun shooting with your old film cameras! It's always nice to slow it down and shoot film.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely font! I am sure you will do amazing things with it.

    I admit, I am dying to see that movie too but I think Matt might not be too keen on it....

    Have a fantastic vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear all about it (and see your pictures). Hot chocolate date when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. See the movie! I cried! But I cry in everything. But it's so good. I want to see it again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have such a lovely blog i found yours off of janis's and the whole thing is inspiring! such awesome photos!
    have fun in Chicago!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a super trip! Your rollei looks to be in mint condidtion. I love my Rollei but it's so darn heavy to tote around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful photo! look forward to seeing your film experiments.

    have a great weekend.

    also i looove cyclone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful photo! It'll be so neat for you both to take film photos all weekend!

    ReplyDelete