Wednesday, March 2, 2011

IMG_2490IMG_2470IMG_2477

Pen pals! Mail! Yay!

Monday night Cree and I got home from our dentist appointments (apparently I grind my teeth...) and we had TWO adorable letters in the mail. I was tickled pink.  The first...a fantastic pink typewriter envelope from Jaime complete with a sweet note and an adorable package of canadian stamps. Aren't they beautiful? She has such a lovely style...don't you think? She and her husband are a photography team. They also do weddings and she creates lovely collages over at Waterhalo.

The next piece of mail was from Julie! Who also sent an adorable handmade card with vintage stamps and papers...my heart goes a flutter just at the sight of vintage ephemera. Julie also works with her husband over at Tiger in a Jar. They make stupendous stop motion videos....this one is my favorite thus far.

All these husband wife teams....I love it!

Also on a more serious note, my sister-in-law sent me this link for her sister who has Cystic Fibrosis. Please follow the link to learn more...every dollar helps!

7 comments:

  1. yay, snail mail! love Julie's handwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie's Bake a Cake film is so good! We just watched it, smiling ear to ear the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got so many stamp treasures-how fun! You have started something so fun with all this mail you send.

    Tanya-Thanks for the compliment-no one can ever read my handwriting, it is a bunch of scribbles!

    Jaime-Thanks! I am dying over your collages-they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty mail is the best. (i loved my hearts, by the way). those stamps are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you enjoyed them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so happy to have found your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aloha Amanda,
    Visiting you over from Jamie's blog.
    I agree with you, there's something so exciting about receiving a pretty envelope in the mail. It makes my day too! Cheers to snail mail!

    ReplyDelete