Tuesday, March 22, 2011

5543305980_9b837b349f_b-1 copy

I've been swamped with work. Cree and I worked eleven hours on Saturday, which seems to be a common theme come the weekends nowadays...then we work until late on the weeknights. I'm not complaining because we both love what we do and that in itself is a wonderful thing. Cree and I made a decision when we got married that Sundays would be work and homework free...just a family/church day. We stuck to our goal, even when he has tests and I have due dates the following Monday, and I think our lives are better for it. Come Sunday we're so ready for a break, I don't know what we'd do without them.

Anyway, I've been behind in my letter writing, so I decided to writing some pen-pals in addition to sending some long over due thank you notes. I decided to use Tanya's suggestion and use my origami paper to line my envelopes. Such a clever idea! It really dresses up an otherwise simple envelope. Thanks for the tip!

PS. DC update, we figured out our housing quicker than anticipated and made our decision last night. It's an adorable english style apartment with a cute red door and baby blue exterior. Eeep!

6 comments:

  1. Nice! When I first discovered about lining envelopes I was nuts about it. Such a small and simple thing to do and it makes such a difference.

    A red door?! Sweet. Can't wait to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was growing up, Sunday was also a homework free day. It would be difficult to reinstate something like that again, but I can definitely see the value of it.

    I hope things settle down for you soon!

    AND congrats on your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your DC move sounds great! Very exciting :) And those envelops are adorable, a pretty surprise when you open your letter, love it!
    Natasha xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. envelope liners are one of my most favorite things ever.

    the new place sounds so cute! always wanted a red door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love your no-work Sundays idea, I think I should talk to my hubby about that... ...beautiful envelopes you have there =)

    ReplyDelete