Monday, March 14, 2011

DSC_4680pasta bookDSC_4676

I'm not an impulse buyer...but for Friday night date night, Cree and I went to a book shop with only an intention to look, but then I found this pasta book...and it was on sale...so I bought it. The design is amazing. Everything is black and white (brilliant!) and every illustration is vector. There are full bleeds and crazy patterns and an impeccable grid. I was basically drooling, so we decided it was most definitely worthy of our home library.

This weekend was full of a whole lot of work. We woke up at 6:30 am on Saturday and didn't stop working until 7pm. That said, we love our work...so that helps. We did have time to sneak in a movie...or three. It's still bitter cold here, so we opted for a weekend in. We watched Catch Me If You Can (love the opening credits...also did you hear it's going to be a musical??!?) on friday night, Cinderella Man on Saturday night and then Young Victoria (SO GOOD!) on Sunday night.  Once again, our local library saved the weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful book! I'll have to show it to Mike - he loves that sort of stuff too!

    Still bitter cold here too, if that makes you feel better! We had similar weekends - lots of work, peppered with arrested development episodes. Unfortunately, I also got rather sick was a gross twist on the weekend.

    Hope you have a great week, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you bought this book, such gorgeous design yes!
    I still have to watch The Young Victoria, it's been on my movie list for awhile now. Loved Catch me if you can and didn't know it was going to be a musical!
    Have a great week!
    Natasha xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, the library always comes through with great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous book! I had spotted it months back. I also saw this post last week and wandered into borders over the weekend (they just announced going out of business sales) and laid eyes on this book! I knew I had to pick it up and hold onto it for my boyfriend who will certainly adore it. I think it is a great impulse buy!
    Caroline
    sundayevening.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, girl! Would have bought it too. Wish there were more alternative bookstores in my neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete