Friday, March 11, 2011

IMG_2539IMG_2646IMG_2652IMG_2611IMG_2567IMG_2566IMG_2563IMG_2552IMG_2675IMG_2665

I'm aware that these don't go together or even look that great together as a set...but I'm getting tired of posting about Chicago, so I bet you're tired of reading about it. In a nutshell...we stayed at the Drake Hotel which was so much fun. Lots of history...it was apparently one of Marilyn Monroe's favorites. (Thank you priceline.com for getting us such a good deal.) I took lots of photos of my cute husband. Dinner at the Blackbird was probably one of my favorite parts of the trip. The food was so beautiful, I didn't want to eat it. I'm glad I did though. It was amazing. Then we saw lots of sights (on the double decker bus tour...laugh all you want, but it was better than it sounds), took more photos and did a ton of window shopping along the Magnificent Mile. The window displays were amazing. The colors and lights were fantastic....and that diver outfit/hat/thing? I don't really get it, but I like it.

That was the rest of Chicago. It was a blast. Then End.

PS. Eye appointment recap: I'm near sighted. Cree and I are going to go glasses shopping tonight for our date night. We have a SEE right next to my office. Where else are good places to look? I don't even know where to begin....Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance.

13 comments:

  1. I recommend Warby Parker. It's all online, but you pick out five glasses to have mailed to you to try on (for free).

    The prices are the best I've seen and for each pair you buy, they donate a pair to someone in need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I wanted to add a few cents advice for glasses....Todd found glasses we liked at LensCrafters, but they were almost a million dollars so we figured out exactly which ones he needed (size etc) and bought them on e-bay and then took them to an optometrist to gets lenses. Much better price. Have fun - I always wanted glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Sarah; I was going to suggest the same! Great prices, classic styles and supporting people who desperately need glasses! Its a win-win-win.
    Caroline
    sundayevening.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband is a two time winner from that particular see shop. Beautiful styles, have not been impressed with the longevity. Both pairs have scratched something serious. Even with the fancy extra expensive scratch free covering. You are probably more careful than he. Just be warned and ready to spend $400-$600. They are pretty styling though.

    Didn't know your office was right there. Lots of fun and yummy places to go. So jealous right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have to agree with warby parker. i have two pairs from them, and want more! they'll send you 5 to try for free... and they have a lot of really great styles and color options. combined with being super affordable and donating a pair to other people? perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i immediately thought of warby parker also. it sounds right up your alley. their website makes me wish i needed more than just reading glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, guys, thanks! I actually ordered my five free glasses today. Maybe I should have taken more time to contemplate my five...but I didn't....I'm so excited! Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Blackbird looks like a fantastic little restaurant-I will have to try it when I find myself in Chicago.

    Good luck with the glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome photos! Would love to visit that city someday, and agreed on the double decker bus tour, the one in NY is the best way to get around the city!

    Oh glasses! Welcome to the club! I am far sighted so I only wear mine behind closed doors... Try warby parker (online) they have some rad desins and super affordable! My husband has a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the 2nd photograph. wow. so great!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrew served his mission in Southside Chicago.

    We want to go so bad..

    Maybe we will have to stay at the Drake- we love old hotels. : )

    Did you see any jazz?! That restaurant looks amazing! Great photos! xoxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. your chicago photos are incredible. i took the boat tour when i was there and was blown away by the architecture of the (4th photo) buildings -- i forget what this complex was called. so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete