Wednesday, March 9, 2011


Cree and Amanda Honeymoon from Amanda Jones on Vimeo.

Chicago photo break! We got our 8mm film video back this week and we were so excited to watch it. We had it developed at Dwayne's in Kansas, but they didn't put it on CD, so Cree's Mom kindly transferred it for us. You'll probably find it completely boring because it is just a whole lot of honeymoon lovey dovey stuff and long (sometimes much too long) shots of the places we stopped. We were married April 25, 2009...so almost two years ago. Our honeymoon was a road trip up Highway 1 in California, which was breathtakingly beautiful. We started at Disneyland, made our way to Big Sur, Monteray, San Francisco and then back home through Nevada. Here are some photos and here are some polaroids from the trip.

Also please take note, at one point in the movie Cree flaps his arms....he is trying to imitate the seals in the background...but you can't really tell they are seals. :) Also, the last little bit of the movie isn't from our honeymoon...we forgot we had film left, so we did a little pan of our first apartment. I sometimes I miss the beautiful windows and exposed brick...but I don't miss sleeping in a bunk bed and storing my clothes on bookshelves. Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. ah goodness, you're cute. i'm glad we found each other in blog land.

    i know it's so cliché to say, but it will be so nice to look back on this when you're old & gray!

    now excuse me, i need to go look at your wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Sounds like your honeymoon was a dream-anything that starts with Disneyland and includes Big Sur is tops in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janis, I'm glad we met too. :) In reference to your other comment on the wedding photos (thank you for the compliments by the way...) my invitations can be viewed on my webpage under invitations. The photographs aren't very good, but they give the general idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmigosh, you weren't kidding about the bunk beds! it's a very sweet video, Amanda. love the music too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! Aren't those funny? the bunkbed was an attempt to save space in an itty bitty studio apartment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so so adorable! thanks for sharing!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cuteness! The shot of you walking on the beach is so good. I love dreamy, soft 8mm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet video! Thanks for sharing. What kind of camera did you use to shoot the film? and was it super 8 or standard 8? I'd love to try something like this myself.
    Caroline
    sundayevening.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. ack! this did my heart some real good. i need to file this idea away for future family adventures!
    now i'm off to go watch it again. haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. how very fun! you two are adorable together ...
    and you're right, i did wonder a little bit about the flapping arms, but then i saw the seals and it all came together. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness, that is so the cutest ever!!!!

    (ps... I sent you an email the other day... did it maybe go to spam beacuse I never heard back, and I am not really that needed, just, lately my emails have been going to spam for some odd reason...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Caroline, we used super 8 film. I think the texture is so lovely. I can't wait to see your 8mm creations!

    Kjrsten! Good call! I just looked and it was in my spam folder. Silly gmail. Expect a reply shortly!

    ReplyDelete