Tuesday, March 8, 2011

IMG_2589jones sears towerIMG_2591jones2 sears towerIMG_2597jonesIMG_2586IMG_2588IMG_2585IMG_2583

Chicago, Chicago, That toddlin town!
Chicago, Chicago, I'll show you around. I love it.
Bet your bottom dollar you'll loose the blues, in Chicago!


Frank Sinatra got it right. I had that song stuck in my head the whole weekend. The first little Chicago tid bit I'll share is from the Sears Tower. They had an awesome exhibit you walk through before you get to the sky deck. The graphic design was fantastic and the crazy lighting was fun to photograph. On the hundredth-something floor there are clear boxes that jut out from the side of the building. I'm embarrassed to say that I took one step out on the ledge almost lost my breath. I've never been one to be scared of heights, but I got all dizzy and my hands were clammy...I couldn't do it. I had visions of taking one step and the whole box crashing to the ground. I realize this is ridiculous, but it seemed like a legitimate concern at the time. As you can see, Cree was much braver than I. You can also see that we both need to shine our shoes. I'm waiting until the snow is gone.

PS...I've gone and lost my phone again. I'm embarrassed how many times this happens to me. Blarg.
PPS. Isn't this the cutest website you ever did see?

13 comments:

  1. LOVE Chicago! Looks like it wasn't too cold for you. Perhaps we can meet up there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these photos are brilliant! thanks for sharing!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on going up the sears tower. i went to chicago last july and my friend and i talked about going up but at the end i couldn't do it. i'm naturally terrified of heights. so i figured going up wouldn't be that good of an idea. someday i will go up there though but i'll have to same some meds or something to relax me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos. Also, I really like the website recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hands are getting clammy just looking at your photos! Looks like you had a fantastic time, and as usual your pictures are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy you had a good time! I'm going to Chicago this weekend, but it's for work. Hopefully I'll find time to enjoy the city!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm not too scared of heights either - but reading that made my toes tingle a bit!

    can't wait ot see more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are amazing! You have a great eye! I'm scared of heights, I probably wouldn't even get as far to the edge as you did.
    Natasha xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those shots with the bright lighting are wicked!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm totally afraid of heights now too. think it happened once i turned 25 - i'm no longer as fearless as i used to be i guess. pretty pics, can't wait to see more of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to go back to chicago. Good idea to meet up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that first photo is incredible reminds me of wanda koop. these are great, my husband has been wanting to go there for a long time! x x o

    ReplyDelete