Monday, March 21, 2011

jones in dcjones in dc 2


Change of plans! Long story short, we are going to be living in DC this summer. Cree will be interning at the Treasury in the Middle East and North Africa regional office (I think I'm saying that right). Needless to say, he's ecstatic. I'm also grateful I get to accompany him. Living that far apart for four months would be the pits, so I'm glad we are sticking together.

These photos are from a trip we took two years ago. I fell in love with the city then and can't wait to have a whole summer to explore. We're in the process of finding apartments. Rent is much higher in DC than it is in Ann Arbor, Michigan...especially for sublets...and especially if the place looks clean. I get the willies living in other people's stuff, so we are being extra careful to find a place that looks nice. I've been pestering  Hannah and Rachel to no end....thanks again guys! We didn't know where to begin and they have been holding my hand the whole way, which I totally needed. 

If anyone has any additional tips, favorite spots, or even a sublet lead...please feel free to let me know. I'm sure we'll have time to visit it all. 

12 comments:

  1. hi there! stumbled across your blog a few mos ago and its quickly become a favorite in my reader. i love your photos and shamelessly love following blogs that have a personal narrative to go along with the photos/design ideas. im a graphic designer living in dc/working in baltimore and certainly have plenty of suggestions/advice for the artistic-minded DC dweller. That said, i'd have to spend some time thinking/accruing a list of things to check out. For the time being...if you plan to look for sublets in the district, I'd recommend looking in Mt. Pleasant which is a delightful neighborhood just north of Dupont. Great homes, many split into 2 or 3 apartments, small strip of restaurants/bars and a wonderful farmers market in the summers. By far, in my opinion, the best neighborhood in the district.

    ReplyDelete
  2. greatest city in America. I'll Facebook you a list of my favorite things - and that reminiscing will probably be the highlight of my week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how very exciting for the both of you!

    and good for you to not settle on just any place. your own mess is one thing, but someone elses?!? not so much. i'm looking forward to reading/ seeing your take on dc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hip hip! How exciting for you both! I have only been to DC once, but I loved every second of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh! that's going to be such a rad summer! are you going to be able to design stuff out there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! I wish you luck in everything... have lots of fun adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome to have Rachel helping you out. I hardly recognized her kids. I have been gone too long. :(

    DC will be fun and happy times. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. how exciting!!! can't wait to see your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your well wishes. Annazus, Thank you for the tips. I will most definitely have to check out Mt. Pleasant. It looks great from online. I enjoyed getting acquainted with the city via your blog yesterday, thank you for sharing.

    Britt, I can't wait to get your list and Janis, concerning design, yes! I am have a number of freelance jobs set up for the summer and I'm taking all my design stuff. I hope to just set up shop at our new apartment. :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so exciting! a summer adventure away together in a new city...swoon!
    <3

    ReplyDelete