Monday, February 21, 2011

DSC_3100DSC_3122

When Cree and I woke up to a foot of snow this morning, we started reminisce about how only seven months ago, we were living next to this. We are getting antsy for spring/summer. I'm starting to get so white that I look slightly transparent and a winter of spending my days bundled up in front of my computer isn't doing anything for my figure. :) I'm just ready for it to get warm enough to ride my bike again.

One of our new years goals was to make better use of our local library instead of renting or going to the movies. We've LOVED it. Sometimes we watch films we've never seen and others that we forgot we enjoyed. This weekend I watched Coco Before Chanel while Cree was at a meeting and then I loved it so much that we watched it again together.  Some other recent library borrows have included Coraline, Mrs. Pettigrew Lives for a Day (so cute!), The U.S. vs. John Lennon (made me cry like a baby), Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (I love anything Jimmy Stewart),  10 Things I Hate About You (Cree couldn't believe I hadn't seen it), Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (Hated it...didn't take the time to finish), Wuthering Heights (Poor Cree suffered through this one...I loved it...give or take a greasy mullet or two), Brothers Bloom (We both agreed they tried to be artsy but sorta missed the boat...or maybe we just didn't get it),  Valentino The Last Emperor (So so good), The Terminal (Tom Hanks!), Objectified (I foolishly put this on while I was working and realized that it's a movie you have to look at. I"ll have to borrow it again)...and I think that's it. Our library has a big selection no? We love thrifty fun.

10 comments:

  1. I haven't seen '10 things I hate about you' and Andy can't believe it either haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. you gave me so many good netflix recommendations—thanks! haha. also, i just watched "valentino" a couple of weeks ago and i was dying. his pugs! i also watched "lagerfeld confidential" last week and valentino was much better, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should watch 8 1/2. Just did this weekend and it was superb and a total trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so itching for spring too! We had a couple of really mild days last week so I biked around. We're back to snowy, cold days again.

    I LOVED Coraline + Valentino The Last Emperor! Have you seen The Kids are All Right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt and I are constantly checking out movies at the library. Our latest was "Sunrise"-such a pretty silent film, and "Thoroughly Modern Millie". Thanks for your list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good suggestions guys! I only feel like watching movies and reading in the winter time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what beautiful scenery, where were these taken? I was thinking the same thing about myself this weekend, i'm so pale and could do with a bit of healthy color too. Oh I can't wait to get outdoors and go on bike rides again too, we're nearly there thankfully! Thanks for all these great movie reviews, you've given me a few ideas of movies to watch!
    Have a great week!
    Natasha xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. hooray for the recommendations. i've been wanting to watch coco before chanel, especially. also i really enjoyed the brothers bloom, though i get what you're saying.

    and YES, that's a pretty great library selection. we finally broke down and signed up for netflix, and it's been pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. isnt the valentino movie so wonderful! ahhh im so sad he's not in charge there anymore, it'll never be the same again <3

    ReplyDelete