Tuesday, February 15, 2011

IMG_2324IMG_2329IMG_2331IMG_2335-EditIMG_2342


I love Valentines. Cree and I were spoiled silly. I'll be sure and take some pictures of our delightful and creative valentine loot for tomorrow, but in the meantime...this is my valentine to Cree. A secret compartment book. I've always wanted to try to make one and was tickled with the outcome. I had to do a trial run on another book, but it ended up not being too bad once I got the hang of it. Cree was very surprised, which I love! Now we can store secret documents and love notes on our book shelf and no one will know! Well, no one who has read this post will know....

9 comments:

  1. the font of the title of the book is swoon-worthy! a secret compartment - that's so great. I'm inspired to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to make one of these too. I imagine I would feel bad hacking into an old book-but from the looks of it, it would be so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out great! What a great gift

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this so much, how creative and sweet! :)
    Natasha xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very much my fave. Will do this for my English major husband soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello! um, so i saw your comment and wanted to to see your blog...i think i looked at everything. twice. love your design work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the book you picked! Such a delicious shade of read, perfect for a sweet love note to be hidden, found and enjoyed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing, so romantic! xx


    http://topcoatfashionblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have also made one of these before. It is fun(once you get over the idea of cutting up a book). I did it as wrapping for a gift voucher for a book store.

    ReplyDelete