Friday, February 25, 2011

IMGIMG_2187-1

I love being an aunt. Look at all those adorable blondes? It hurts my heart just looking at their sweet faces. My sister-in-law sent us the second photo yesterday evening, so I thought I'd share them with you...

To be completely honest, I was never one to really enjoy children. When someone asked if I'd like to hold their child, I would politely decline. I don't think it was that I didn't like children...I think that maybe I felt inadequate perhaps? Honestly, I just never knew what to do...how to hold them, how to play with them, maybe I was even worried they'd think I was boring. Even when I met little Hazel (bottom photo) for the first time, I remember being so worried I would hold her wrong that I opted not to hold her at all. Looking back at how these little girls have completely won me over and melted my heart, it makes me realize how many cuddles and snuggles I missed out on because I second guessed myself. Silly me. Thank goodness I'm over it now.

PS. Thank you all for your fantastic advice on Chicago and Polaroids! I need to ask your advice more often!

PPS. Thanks you Jaime for the post...your photographs are lovely! I highly recommend you check out all her stamps.

8 comments:

  1. okay. i love that second photo to bits. brings smiles to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the most adorable family ever. very cute bundles u got there.

    ANDWHATELSEISTHERE

    SHOP

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute. You are an absolute natural with babies and kids - I know that because my kids love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU are adorable! I'm super self-conscious with kids too. Glad I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt the same way with my first niece. I was the youngest in my family, so I hadn't been around kiddos that much. Now I can't get enough of those little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much energy in that second picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww, so sweet. being an aunt is SO much fun. i love the happiness in these photos :)

    ReplyDelete