Monday, February 14, 2011

IMG_2257IMG_2264IMG_2279

Happy Valentines! Since I can remember, my dad has made my family and I homemade Valentines out of construction paper and glue. I always thought they were the sweetest things. To keep his handmade Valentine tradition alive, I decided to follow in his footsteps this year. No letterpress or computer this time. I have a stash of old vintage paper, maps and music that I used for the heart confetti...thank you Martha Stewart for that fantastic punch. I had so much fun punching the hearts out that I ended up with way more than necessary, and I don't have the heart to throw them away.

We bought the glassine envelopes from Paper Presentation and I think they are perfect. I love how you can see the hearts through the envelope...almost like a snow globe. My fingers are crossed they make their way to everyone today!

9 comments:

  1. I'm dying over these. Confetti hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been wanting to get a craft punch for quite some time, just because i also enjoy the punching process so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hearts are adorable! Such a good idea, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh i'm excited, if i'm still getting one. adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the Valentine! It's our favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. got mine yesterday. so sweet, i love*s it! thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. angela, you ARE getting one. it should be there by now...they've made it to California. :)

    ReplyDelete