Thursday, December 30, 2010

IMG_1130IMG_1136

We're back from Idaho. Both a little sleepy this morning, but happy to be home safe and sound. We had such a fun time in Idaho...lots of family, lots of hugs, lots of food and lots of lazy time. Breaks always go much too fast. I haven't had time to upload any of our new photos, so for now...here are some pomegranates. We bought these a couple weeks ago because I'd never had one and because they were on sale. To be honest...we decided they are just too much work. We both felt a bit overwhelmed. They sure are pretty though.

Christmas highlights to come.

7 comments:

  1. Your photography is stunning Amanda Jane! Happy new year to you and I can't wait to see more of your work in 2011 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pomegranates are sooo pretty. but i totally agree, they're way too much work (and mess). about once a year i buy pomegranate seeds because the work has already been done for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I put my kids to the pomegrantes task. Do you know the trick of deseeding them under water in a large bowl? It is quick and contains the mess.

    Can't wait to see more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good break! I love pomegranates but they are a pain. Mommymita has it right though; read this article for step-by-step instructions. I want to try this out myself now...

    http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen-blog/2010/12/how-to-open-a-pomegranate/

    ReplyDelete
  5. we had a pomegranate tree when i was a kid and i always thought they were so pretty.

    happy new year, dear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys! I'll have to try it out...maybe my pomegranate days aren't over after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a pomegranate tree in my backyard in Cali. I have fond memories of my dad eating them as his snack in front of the tv. They are a lot of work but so good to eat and so good for you. Plus they remind me of my daddy. Love them!

    ReplyDelete