Monday, December 13, 2010

IMG_1289IMG_1290IMG_1295IMG_1296IMG_1304IMG_1302IMG_1307IMG_1308IMG_1309IMG_1310IMG_1288IMG_1285IMG_1279IMG_1282

Happy Monday!  This past Saturday, I volunteered at the Tiny Expo. They asked me to be the door greeter...now if anyone really knows me, you'll realize that this is probably the worst possible job you could give me. My people skills aren't something I'm too proud of. :) I think I did ok though. Helen and Dylan were the creators of the event and since I was set up next to them at the DUCF last week, they asked if I'd help out. I'm so glad I did! I met so many great people and saw some pretty spectacular stuff. The top photos are from Simpli Jessi...I fell in LOVE with her dolls. I absolutely adore them. I kind of want to get ones that look like Cree and I. Is that weird? I think a little needle point mustache would be the cutest thing in the whole wide world. Jessi was a doll as well, not in the literal sense...in the cute hair, lovely personality sense. 


My table sat directly across from Soverscove Press. Their work is fascinating. They do offset printing for artists and the books they sold were certainly worth looking up. The lovely lady behind the table (pictured above) was a delight to be seated across from. Anytime there was a lull in the crowd we took the opportunity to chat which made my door greeter duties much more enjoyable. 


I also got a print from Peter Baker for Cree for Christmas, but then I realized that it put me over budget, so I just said it was a joint Christmas gift and gave it to him early. Ooops. :) Some of my other favs were the Pot & Box ornaments and the Ann Arbor Film Festival table. I love their branding. So much. All in all, a great event and I'm glad I got to be a part of it. I fall in love with Ann Arbor the longer I'm here. 

3 comments:

  1. ann arbor is the best! you need to enjoy it twice as much for me. i miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are amazing! I tend to get flustered asking artists if I can take pictures of their work and then they don't come out as well. Well done!

    ReplyDelete