Tuesday, December 14, 2010

IMG_1328IMG_1326IMG_1327

First of all, thank you for everyone's kind words concerning my mama. She sounds optimistic and perky on the phone, but when she asked the nurses if she could go home, they just laughed...in a nice way of course. She also says her nurse looks like Audrey Hepburn which I think tickles her. When I called last night after work, she was walking laps around the hospital wing. She has a master plan to show everyone how strong she is in hopes she can go home. :) She is such a doll.


Yesterday was a snow day in Ann Arbor. The public schools were cancelled, so seminary was too. Yipee! We got to wake up at 5:30 instead of 4:30! Cree's finals start today. He's been preparing all semester for them, so I have no doubt that he will do his very best.  We took a little break to have a treat by the Christmas tree. My mama gave me the mugs last year as a gift. They are perfect for hot chocolate.

9 comments:

  1. sending positive energy to your mom and good luck to Cree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the mugs!

    Your mom sounds like a gem! Hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fingers are crossed! It sounds like good news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been thinking of your mom a lot! what happened to her?! please send my love her way....that woman has influenced me more than she'll ever know.

    what cute hot cocoa mugs, makes me want a cup right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your mama gets well soon. If anyone can look on the bright side and conquer something she can. I love your love for her. Even though I have only met her briefly I can tell she is just a gem... and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Sending love and prayers out to Ann Arbor. xo miss ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda...I haven't checked your blog in a while but Deb told us on Sunday about your mom. I hope she gets to go home like she wants to and that she is well enough to do so as well. And I hope you are doing okay too. I know it's hard to be far away from family when your heart is right there with them. We will keep you and her in our prayers. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. snow looks so fun! it's hot here... also, how in the world do you wake up at 4:30am? i can't even imagine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mugs are lovely. Glad to hear your Mom is doing laps.
    That is not a lot of snow for a snow day. Gotta love Michigan. It takes less for a snow day in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alisa--you are so sweet. I will pass along your sweet words. She thinks the world of you as well. Poor thing...she is actually still in the hospital. She is hoping to go home tonight. She had surgery for kidney stones two years ago that didn't quite go as planned. They accidentally left "shards" of the stone. They've had her on a certain medication ever since and now they think her body is becoming immune to the medication and they were worried that she had possibly gone septic...they've been testing her...all seems ok...but their worry is that this could happen over and over again if they don't figure something out soon. Poor thing.

    Thank you all for your sweet words. :) They mean the world.

    ReplyDelete