Monday, November 15, 2010

IMG_0884

New Music Monday! Not that I've ever done this or ever will again...BUT I just thought I'd share a little gem with you. My boss gave Cree and I tickets to Django Reinhardt anniversary concert by both the Hot Club of Detroit and the Hot Club of San Francisco. Their websites are ugly, but we won't hold it against them because they are SO amazing. First of all, both groups play gypsy jazz, which is my complete favorite. I've decided I even prefer it to big band....don't get me wrong, I still love big band. Anyway, the San Fran Hot Club played along with silent black and white films and then both groups did a little guitar dueling. It was the best jazz I've heard in a long time. Ann Arbor isn't exactly the best place to hear great jazz. I highly recommend seeing them if you have the chance. You won't regret it. Cross my heart.

1 comment: