Tuesday, November 23, 2010

IMG_1089

I spent another Monday evening at Hollanders.  I got all of my prints cut. My books are all cut, half are sewn...I still have lots to get done, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I always pretend that I have to get everything done way before the due date, so I've got plenty of time.  I love staying busy with projects. 


Also, on a side note. The last time I did letterpress prints, I took someone's suggestion to try Reich letterpress paper instead of Crane for the price sake. Bad decision. Crane is just the best...even if it is more expensive. It takes the ink perfectly. It feels better...it even smelled better.  It felt like coming home when I switched back. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm a creature of habit and don't like change. But when it comes to shaving cost I try to bite the bullet.

    Was it the Savoy line? I've tried it and actually don't mind it. Though, it didn't stand up very well to scoring/creasing and folding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It was the savoy. For some reason, the ink didn't sink in as well. If felt like you could feel the ink, instead of the paper impression if that makes sense. Maybe I just feel better on Crane because that was what I learned on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your Michigan print. The colors are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete