Wednesday, November 17, 2010

IMG_1076IMG_1077

Cree found this for us at the thrift store this weekend. It was the only thing we wanted to buy and there was a super long line...I'd say 50 ft or so. We were debating whether or not it was worth the wait. I'm so glad we did. I've been wanting a vintage penguin for a long time...ever since I read this book. I think it is so cute! Oh how I love books. Cree and I have a bookshelf wall piled high with books. We had a couple over to dinner once and they asked if we actually read the books we have or if we just like the way they look. Made me giggle a bit. Of course we read them! But we also like the way we look. It's my job to like books. Sometimes if we already have a copy of a book but find one with a great cover design, we'll just splurge and have two copies....sometimes three. Weird? I think not.


Also, just as a side note. Cree and i went to go see Waiting For Superman. It was fantastic. Wonderful. Delightful. Stupendous. The adjectives could go on and on. The best movie I've seen in a long while. I laughed, I cried, I wanted to talk about it for days after. I highly recommend it. Also, for every ticket you buy, you get to donate $15 to a school project of your choice. We still haven't decided where to give. There are so many wonderful projects. If anyone wants to see it...we'll go again.

5 comments:

  1. I would've waited in line to get that book too. Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom is a teacher, and she said that the teachers union told them to boycott the movie! isn't that ridiculous? needless to say she went and saw it anyway, and loved it!

    i was interested in seeing it because it features michelle rhee, who actually just "resigned" (i think she was forced out by the new mayor)... she has been the talk of the town for the past couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is ridiculous! What a silly movie to boycott. As for Michelle Rhee...the movie made me want to give her a hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are such beautiful books, I love them -I love older books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing little find. I giggled and loved that you too will buy a book for it's cover even if you already own it.

    I've been terribly curious about that film, so I will definitely take the time to see it now. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete