Friday, October 1, 2010

IMG_0565IMG_0569IMG_0570IMG_0567

Cree and I made a decision at the beginning of the year that we would go to at least one "event" (whether it be a sports game, musical, band concert) of our students to show them our support. It has been tricky trying to schedule them in, but it has been a treat when we do. I feel like we really get to know the students when we see them outside the classroom. I can tell it means a lot to them to have us there....even if they find our signs a little embarrassing. :)

3 comments:

  1. ohhh that is so great that you do that! my parents really tried to come to the stuff i did in high school but most of the time i was in the pool/on the court/on the stage without anyone cheering me on. seriously, so nice of you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, seeing that last picture conjured up memories from my two miserable seasons of water polo that i had mostly suppressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you played water polo! I'm impressed. It was hard to watch sometimes...the kids were super rough. Lots of elbow jabbing.

    ReplyDelete