Monday, October 4, 2010

IMG_5492IMG_5487IMG_5498IMG_5495IMG_5494

After we got back from the Philippines, my family decided to come to Michigan and have a mini family reunion. We drove up to Sleeping Bear Dunes...one of my all time favorite places on earth. My family is addicted to national parks. I think I've mentioned our passports before, but let me just say again that getting a stamp in our passport is like getting a report card full of A's. We just love it. 


A couple years ago, my mama bought the Junior Ranger hat at the National Park store. This year, we each took turns taking our Junior Ranger photo for the inside of our passports. We tried to show our inner junior ranger. 


One of my favorite Junior Ranger hat stories was when we walked up to the ranger to ask for directions and my mom (wearing her junior ranger hat) exclaimed, "I'm a ranger too!" To this the park ranger replied, " A junior ranger." Emphasis on the junior. He meant business and did not find the situation amusing at all. Since then, we've kept the hat in the car. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness-I have a passport too and I DIE from pure joy every time I get to stamp it. I forgot it last time I went down to southern Utah and I was crushed. I had to stamp a scrap paper instead and it just wasn't the same.

    Three cheers for National Parks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, such a fun series of images of you guys :)
    I want to do something like this with my family as well!

    ReplyDelete