Monday, May 24, 2010

We don't have a television here in Sorsogon, so we've been filling our time with books, games and DVD's. So far I've read Little Bee and The Ladies of Missalonghi by the author of The Thornbirds. Little Bee was entirely depressing and The Ladies of Missalonghi was like watching a Mandy Moore movie. Didn't just love either one, but now I'm reading Eat, Pray, Love and adoring it. We'll see if I still love it by the end. Cree just finished the biography of RFK and moved onto Moby Dick. I don't think he understands the point of a "beach book". He goes from one heavy duty to the next. His next book of choice? Anna Karenina.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys are having such a great time over there. I loved Anna Karenina and I also really enjoyed Eat, Pray, Love....well I enjoyed Eat and Pray. Love kind of turns into a sex fest :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I passed along your high regard for Anna Karenina to Cree. As for Eat, Pray, Love--I'm midway into Pray. Thanks for the heads up about Love! Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete