Wednesday, May 12, 2010



We decided to hire our sweet neighbor, Sarah, to cook for us. (She offered) We hope to learn the native dishes from her as well. Last night she made Adobo for us, which had pork, bananas, onions, soy sauce, water and rice. Sounds awful right? I was skeptical at first. I am happy to say it was delicious. I can't wait until we have it again.

The bananas pictured above were a gift from another next door neighbor. We've almost gobbled them all up. The people here are so giving even when they have very little.

1 comment:

  1. ooooooohhhh you're making me feel so homesick now!!!! i love these bananas too. i wish i'd learn how to cook Adobo it's my favourite. i just visit my mum every now and then so i can have my 'Filo' (short slang for Filipino here in Australia) food fix.

    ReplyDelete