Monday, May 17, 2010









So, Saturday was a big day. It was National Day of Service for the Philippines. Our branch organized a group to go out and take down the old election posters plastered everywhere for the election last week. We were all to meet at the church (ps. look how nice and clean it is! I swear the church yard is the cleanest place here) at 7 am. I am slowly learning that nothing here really starts on time. People like to chat, and sit....so we did for an hour and fifteen minutes before getting to work. At 8:15 we got to work...it was a dirty job, but I was happy to be involved. My face turned bright red and I was sweating like a pig, so don't judge my appearance in the group photo.

Near the end of the day, a weird man came up to me and started touching my arm (not in a scary way...I just think he might have been a little off his rocker) and talking to me in tagolog (of course I didn't know what he was saying), but within seconds the whole branch had surrounded me and moved me away from the weird man. I felt so grateful to have them there. Isn't it amazing that I can be on the opposite side of the earth, and still feel protected and supported by my church family?


No comments:

Post a Comment