Sunday, April 11, 2010






My friend Alpha mad me this book. She took an old vintage book and took out the interior and replaced it with new blank paper. She then took the illustrations from the inside and glued them randomly throughout the book. I absolutely adore it. We decided to take her idea and try one too! We found the book below (The Congressional Cook Book) at a thrift store in Burley, Idaho. We are going to make it our family cook book. Alpha suggested using manilla envelopes for recipe card holders and we found vintage graph paper for the interior. The next step is to bind it! I can't wait to see how it turns out!!






3 comments:

  1. I sent this post to my sister and we laughed and laughed! We used to try to make books like these when we were young, especially with pockets in the pages. Your books are what we MEANT to make... in actuality we were both sent to time out for desecrating old Beverly cleary books. The pages were folded and taped together, we glued blank pages over old ones... it was a mess. Yours are totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete