Friday, July 17, 2009

:: for my mathematician ::


At work on Wednesday, I finished my press job early and spent an hour or two cleaning up the old wood type they had lying around.  They have some really fantastic stuff.  You could tell it hadn't been used in a long time because of the layers of inky grim.  I wanted to see if they worked, so I decided to make a number collage/test print.  Some of the numbers were pretty worn down, but I added masking tape to the bottom to give them padding.  After the padding, they all worked like a dream.  I love how the wood has been dented on some of the numbers....I think it gives some character.  Anyway, cree loved it and it is now pinned up on our fridge using the adorable magnets kenz made and gave us a couple weeks ago.






No comments:

Post a Comment